Bio-Practica (trading name of bWellness Pty Ltd ACN 095 359 354 (“Bio-Practica”, “we” or “us” or “our”) recognises and values the protection of your personal information. Our commitment is to ensure that all personal information is handled securely and your privacy is protected.
We collect and use personal information only to the extent permitted by law, particularly the Privacy Act 1988 (Australia) and the Privacy Act 1993 (NZ) (Privacy Acts).
This policy explains how we handle personal information that we hold about you. It details the types of personal information we collect, how we may use that information and who we allow to access it.
1. Personal Information
The personal information collected includes:
- your name
- telephone number
- date of birth
- email address
- credit card details
2. Collection of information
We may collect your personal information:
- directly from you;
- where you interact with one of our employees;
- When you register for a Bio-Practica event;
- through one of our authorised distributors;
- when you register as a member or for access through our website;
- when you place an order via our website or directly through us;
- where you access and interact with the website;
- when you contact us by email, telephone or other means;
- when you register for one of our educational seminars;
3. Use of information
Bio-Practica will use personal information for the primary purposes for which it is collected or for other related purposes as permitted by law. Examples of our use of your personal information include:
- providing you with marketing and technical communications such as emails, newsletters and alerts, surveys and invitations and offers for our products and services;
- to provide further information regarding our products or services that you have requested;
- if we are providing you with credit, to assess your creditworthiness;
- for internal accounting and administration purposes;
- to provide you with material on our activities and products or that may be of interest to you;
- to administer trade events, education events, membership programs, competitions, promotions, surveys, clinical trials, conferences, educational seminars, or other programs organised or sponsored by us, which you agree to be involved with;
- to notify you of matters that we are required by law to notify you of (e.g. product recalls); to monitor and prepare reports regarding the quality, safety and efficacy of our products; to review our compliance with relevant regulations and codes of conduct;
- to obtain feedback and customer satisfaction information to assist Bio-Practica in improving its products and service offerings;
You have the right to tell us that you do not want us to send information to you other than for the main purpose for which we have collected your personal information.
Unless you give us your consent to do so, Bio-Practica will not sell, distribute, rent, license, disclose, share or pass your personal information to any other party, other than:
- those parties who have contracted with us to keep that information confidential (whether or not the party is subject to a statute or a scheme which imposes similar restrictions to the Privacy Principles contained in the relevant Acts regarding handling of personal information); or
- as otherwise required by law.
4. Cookies & session ID’s
These are small data files that are placed on your computer by web servers when you visit certain websites. Bio-Practica website(s) uses this information to allow us to identify regular visitors and collect information about your usage of our website(s) (eg. your webpage viewing preferences). This enables us to provide a better and more relevant website service to you each time you revisit specific webpages.
Bio-Practica uses various security measures to store your personal information in such a way as to protect such information from unauthorised access, loss, misuse, disclosure or alteration. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the information collected from you is accurate, up to date, complete and stored in a secure environment and accessed only by our authorised personnel.
6. Maintaining accurate records
Bio-Practica will take reasonable steps to ensure that any personal information that we collect and use is accurate, complete and up to date. However, should any of the personal details and information we collect from you change in any way, it is your responsibility to advise us of that change so that our records can be updated and continue to be of service to you.
7. Access to personal information
You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you at any time, subject to certain exemptions under the Act.
Should you wish to access the personal information we have collected from you, please contact Bio-Practica at [email protected], phone 08 8130 8700 or mail to: Privacy Officer, Bio-Practica , PO Box 174, GLEN OSMOND, SA, 5064. We will provide you with access to that information, except where the Act permits us to withhold that information. If we refuse to provide the information we will give you reasons for that refusal.
8. Correction of personal information
If you believe that the personal information that we hold in relation to you is inaccurate, not up to date or incomplete, you may ask us to alter that personal information and we will do so unless we reasonably believe that the personal information is accurate, up to date and complete. If we do not agree to alter that personal information, we will allow you to provide a statement as to why you believe that personal information is inaccurate, not up to date or incomplete and we will keep that statement with your personal information.
9. Transfer of your personal information overseas
10. Making a complaint
If you have any concerns about how your personal information has been collected, used or disclosed, and you wish to make a complaint about a possible breach of privacy laws, you can contact our Privacy Officer at [email protected], phone 08 8130 8700 or mail to: Privacy Officer, Bio-Practica, PO Box 174, GLEN OSMOND, SA, 5064.
11. Opting out rights
As part of providing goods and services to you, we may at times send you marketing and promotional material. You may opt-out from receiving this material by following the instructions contained within the email or included in each communication we send to you.