- Explore how the oral microbiome can impact oral and dental1. Explore how the oral microbiome can impact oral and dental
- Review how oral dysbiosis can contribute to the aetiology of cardiovascular conditions such as atherosclerosis, diabetes, and metabolic syndrome
- Examine how “leaky mouth syndrome” can drive autoimmunity chronic inflammation
- Discuss research on the links between the oral microbiome, the maternal placental microbiome, and adverse pregnancy outcomes
- Hear about strategies that can help restore optimal oral microbial balance – including the use of probiotics such as L. reuteri DSM 17938 and L. reuteri ATCC PTA 5289 for oral dysbiosis
Dr Antonio Flichy is a dentist with a Masters if Oral Surgery & Dental Implantology. He also has a PhD in Dentistry and for his doctorate Toni researched the benefits of certain probiotics for oral health. Dr Flichy is based in Valencia, Spain, where he also lectures and holds a Professorial position in the School of Dentistry program.
He is the author or co-author of numerous papers relating to oral health, the oral microbiome, and the use of probiotics to balance the oral microbiota. Dr Flichy has also authored numerous textbook chapters on these topics, and is a member of a variety of different boards and societies that are all focussed on the improvement of oral health through restoration of the oral microbiome. In addition to his academic and research work, Dr Flichy also runs a busy clinical practice in Valencia in the fields of oral surgery and implantology.